Publications related to the REF2021 Impact Case “Reducing risk in computer-based systems by using a "claims, arguments evidence" framework to communicate and evaluate risks”.
Publications before 2014:
- Littlewood, B. & Wright D. (2007). The Use of Multilegged Arguments to Increase Confidence in Safety Claims for Software-Based Systems: A Study Based on a BBN Analysis of an Idealized Example, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 33(5) 347-365 10.1109/TSE.2007.1002
- Bloomfield R.E., Littlewood B. & Wright, D.R. (2007). Confidence: Its role in dependability cases for risk assessment. In 37th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Proceedings, pp. 338-346 10.1109/DSN.2007.29
- P. Popov and L. Strigini, Assessing Asymmetric Fault-Tolerant Software, in IEEE 21st International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering. 2010, IEEE: San Jose, CA, USA, p. 41-50.
- Bishop P.G., Bloomfield R.E., Littlewood B., Povyakalo A. & Wright D.R. (2011). Towards a Formalism for Conservative Claims about the Dependability of Software-Based Systems, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 37(5), 708-717 10.1109/TSE.2010.67
- B. Littlewood and A. A. Povyakalo, Conservative reasoning about epistemic uncertainty for the probability of failure on demand of a 1-out-of-2 software-based system in which one channel is “possibly perfect IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2013. 39(11 ): p. 1521-1530.
- Popov, P.T. (2013). Bayesian reliability assessment of legacy safety-critical systems upgraded with fault-tolerant off-the-shelf software. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 117, pp. 98–113. doi:10.1016/j.ress.2013.03.017.
Publications after 2014:
- Strigini, L. and Wright, D. (2014). Bounds on survival probability given mean probability of failure per demand; And the paradoxical advantages of uncertainty. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 128, pp. 66-83. doi: 10.1016/j.ress.2014.02.004.
- Netkachova, K. and Bloomfield, R. E. (2016). Security-Informed Safety. Computer, 49(6), pp. 98-102. doi: 10.1109/MC.2016.158.
- Bloomfield, R. E., Popov, P. T., Salako, K., Stankovic, V. and Wright, D. (2017). Preliminary Interdependency Analysis: An Approach to Support Critical Infrastructure Risk Assessment. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, doi: 10.1016/j.ress.2017.05.030.
- Bloomfield, R. E., Bishop, P. G., Butler, E. and Netkachova, K. (2017). Using an assurance case framework to develop security strategy and policies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 10489, pp. 27-38. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-66284-8_3.
- Netkachova, K. and Bloomfield, R. E. (2017). Is Chocolate Good for You-or, Is the Cloud Secure?, Computer, 50(8), pp. 74-78. doi: 10.1109/MC.2017.3001250
- Bloomfield, R. E., Bishop, P. G., Butler, E. and Stroud, R. (2018). Security-Informed Safety: Supporting Stakeholders with Codes of Practice. Computer, 51(8), pp. 60-65. doi: 10.1109/MC.2018.3191260
- Rushby, J., Littlewood, B. and Strigini, L. (2014). Evaluating the Assessment of Software Fault-Freeness. Paper presented at the AESSCS 2014 "Assessing the Efficacy of Standards for Safety-Critical Software", 13-05-2015, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Netkachov, O., Popov, P., Salako, K.: Model-based Evaluation of the Resilience of Critical Infrastructures under Cyber Attacks. Paper presented at the 9th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2014), 13-10-2014 - 15-10-2014, Limassol, Cyprus (2014)
- R. Bloomfield and K. Netkachova, “Building Blocks for Assurance Cases,” Proc. IEEE Int’l Symp. Software Reliability Eng. Workshops (ISSREW 14), 2014, pp. 186–191.
- Bloomfield, R. E., Bendele, M., Bishop, P. G., Stroud, R. and Tonks, S. (2016). The risk assessment of ERTMS-based railway systems from a cyber security perspective: Methodology and lessons learned. Paper presented at the First International Conference, RSSRail 2016, 28-30 Jun 2016, Paris, France
- Bloomfield, R. E., Butler, E. and Netkachova, K. (2017). Assurance of open systems dependability: developing a framework for automotive security and safety. Paper presented at the Sixth Workshop on Open Systems Dependability, 21 Oct 2017, Tokyo, Japan.
- Bloomfield, R. E., Guerra, A. S. L., Butler, E. and Netkachova, K. (2017). Security-informed safety: integrating security within the safety demonstration of a smart device. Paper presented at the 10th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Plant Instrumentation, Control, 11-15 Jun 2017, San Francisco, USA.
- Popov P., Models of Reliability of Fault-Tolerant Software Under Cyber-Attacks, Paper presented at IEEE 28th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), 23 Oct 2017 - 26 Oct 2017. 2017 IEEE 28th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE). IEEE. Oct 2017, DOI: 10.1109/ISSRE.2017.23 ISSN 2332-6549.
- Bloomfield, R., Fletcher, G., Khlaaf, H., Ryan, P., Kinoshita, S. Kinoshit. Y., Takeyama, M., Matsubara, Y., Popov, P., Imai, K., Tsutake, Y., (2020), Towards Identifying and closing Gaps in Assurance of autonomous Road vehicleS -- a collection of Technical Notes, Part 1, https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.00789
- Bloomfield, R., Fletcher, G., Khlaaf, H., Ryan, P., Kinoshita, S. Kinoshit. Y., Takeyama, M., Matsubara, Y., Popov, P., Imai, K., Tsutake, Y., (2020), Towards Identifying and closing Gaps in Assurance of autonomous Road vehicleS -- a collection of Technical Notes, Part 2, https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.00790