Advanced Composites Research Focused Group (CRFG)
Advanced Composites Research Research Group is in the School of Science and Technology at City, University of London, based in Northampton Square in London, UK.
The research group is focused on multi-disciplinary research, innovation and enterprise activities mapped across different technology readiness levels (TRL1-6), multi-material and multi-scale pioneering approaches for design, manufacturing, joining, sensing and structural integrity assessment of advanced and futuristic polymer composite materials and structures. The group is comprised of academic and research staffs, post-docs, students, lab technicians and industrial partners.
How to enable structural scale magnetic tailoring: Requires material engineering, precision, control and equipment.
Research by MSc Mechanical Engineering student Andiol Mucolli.
- Villorthan Sunthareswaran
- Feroz Khan
- Idriss Ben Jamaa
- James Register
- Celia Pearson
- Craig Yau
- Marco Zacaria Wahaba
- Neha Pillai
- Lima Jmamali
- Seungchan Ko
- Tareq Al-Jaf
- Maryna Pavlyuk
- Rajveer Mudhar
- Maria Ferdjoukh
- Fatima Tuz-Zohra
- Mohammed Al-Ani
- Andiol Mucolli
- Ragul Sriskandarajah
- Mohammed Rahman
- Nagumelan Thambipillai
- Abdallahi Awnux
- Vithusan Vigneswaran
- Pantea Afshari
- Novotech S.r.l
- National Composites Certification and Evaluation Facility (NCCEF), Manchester University
- Cranfield University
- Cametics Ltd.
- National Composites Centre
- The EPSRC Future Composites Manufacturing Hub
- The EPSRC Future Metrology Hub
- Queen Mary University of London
- London South Bank University
- European Aviation Safety Agency
- BAE Systems
- Swiss Society of Virtual and Augmented Reality – SSVAR
- Study of In-orbit Manufacturing for Space Applications (In Collab. with National Composites Centre)
- Optimisation of process parameters in out-of-autoclave laser equipped automated fibre placement (In Collab. with Novotech s.r.l.)
- Experimental Investigation of 3D-printed Magnetic Composite’s Deflection Subjected to External Magnetic Fields for Soft Robotic Applications (In Collab. with Swansea University)
- Development of Nanomaterial Modified Polymer Filaments for 3D-printing Multifunctional Nanocomposites (In Collab. with National Composites Centre)
- Bacterial magnetosome inspired material discovery for high sensitivity to ultra-low magnetic fields (PhD project funded by the UK EPSRC-DTP in collaboration with Cranfield and Bristol Universities)
- Optimal AFP Design for Aerospace Dissimilar Thermoplastic Composite Assemblies
- Development of an AI-driven approach for health monitoring of aerospace composite structures (supported by IMechE’s Astridge Research Scholarship for Aviation Safety and Airworthiness)
- Contact-less Dielectric Process Monitoring of Composites Manufacturing (funded by EPSRC Future Composite Manufacturing Research Hub and Future Metrology Hub)
- Augmented Reality Equipped Composites Condition Monitoring
- Production and characterisation of graphene oxide reinforced aluminium matrix composites, PhD project.
- Modelling and Simulation of CNT/Al composites for analysis of geometrical characterization for enhancement of mechanical properties, PhD project.
- Recycling Composites for Re-using it in New Products (in Collab. with UK National Composites Centre)
- Design and 3D printing of Soft Tailorable Fastening Mechanisms for Fastening and Soft Gripping
- IMechE’s Astridge Research Scholarship for Aviation Safety and Airworthiness
- EPSRC (UKRI)
- EC (Horizon 2020)
- Industrial sponsors