Centre for Competition and Regulatory Policy
Welcome to the Centre for Competition & Regulatory Policy.
CCRP is a research-oriented centre that brings together academics and practitioners working in the areas of competition policy and economic regulation. The Centre was established in June 2005 with the aim to develop and disseminate research on the functioning of regulated and non- regulated markets. The work covers a wide range of relevant topics in competition and regulation as well as on themes in the broader sphere of industrial organization, financial economics, behavioural economics etc. During the last 16 years, the CCRP has organised regular bi-annual research workshops, special policy event days and more recently annual competition policy roundtables.
Founding and organising members
- Director Dr Xeni Dassiou (City University London)
- Dr Albert Banal-Estanol (City University London)
- Emeritus Professor John Cubbin (CCRP, City, University of London)
- Dr Francesc Trillas (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona)
- Honorary Visiting Professor Jon Stern (Senior Visiting Fellow, CCRP, City University London)
Other City academic staff members and research students
- Dr Doruk Cetemen
- Dr Xiaogang Che
- Dr Arina Nikandrova
- Dr Orkun Saka
- Dr Daniel Silva Junior
- Professor Klaus Zauner
- Mr Hantao Jiao (research student)
External members and affiliates
- Dr Olivier Massol (Centre for Economics and Management, IFP School, Rueil-Malmaison, France)
- Dr Helen Weeds (Charles Rivers Associates)
- Mr Peter Andrews (OXERA Senior Adviser and former Chief Economist, Financial Conduct Authority)
- Mr Ronan Palmer (E3G, Former Director of Strategy, Ofwat and Former Chief Economist, The Environment Agency)
Research Work Commissioned
Arina Nikandrova wrote a piece for Ofcom Economics Insights in February 2021.
Xeni Dassiou wrote an Independent Review on the ESO regulatory and incentives framework – Dr Xeni Dassiou, 15th March 2019.
- The future of the BBC and the Charter Review Price Setting Models, January 2016
Xeni Dassiou wrote an Independent Report commissioned by the BBC Trust.
Charter Review price setting models: A rail and road comparison study, Dr Xeni Dassiou, January 2016. Please refer to The BBC Trust for full details.
Recent Collaboration Activities
Centre for Analysis of Risk and Regulation (CARR) London School of Economics
CCRP is delighted to announce the commencement of its academic collaboration with the Centre for Analysis of Risk and Regulation at the LSE organising bi-annual Round Tables with the hosting alternating between the two institutions.
CARR is an interdisciplinary research centre; its core intellectual work focuses on the organisational and institutional settings for risk management and regulatory practices. In that sense the work of the two centres is complementary as CCRP’s core focus is the economic analysis of competition and regulatory policy. The director of CARR is Professor Martin Lodge. The first joint Roundtable took place in 14th March 2019 and was hosted at City.