Advanced Composites Research Focused Group (CFRG)
Advanced Composites Research Research Group is part of the Aeronautics & Aerospace Research Centre in the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London based in Northampton Square in London, UK.
The research group is focused on multi-disciplinary research, innovation and enterprise activities mapped across different technology readiness levels (TRL1-6), multi-material and multi-scale pioneering approaches for design, manufacturing, joining, sensing and structural integrity assessment of advanced and futuristic polymer composite materials and structures. The group is comprised of academic and research staffs, post-docs, students, lab technicians and industrial partners.
- Contact-less Dielectric Process Monitoring of Composites Manufacturing (funded by EPSRC Future Composite Manufacturing Research Hub and Future Metrology Hub)
- 3D Printing of Multimaterial Composite Systems
- Augmented Reality Equipped Composites Condition Monitoring
- Artificial Intelligence based Aerospace Composite Design
- Compressive Sensing-based Approaches for Vibration-Based Structural Health Monitoring using Low-Power Wireless Sensors
- Energy-harvesting Enabled Inerter-based Vibration Absorbers for Power Generation and Motion Control of Structures
- Material Efficient Design of Slender Structures Equipped with Vibration Control Devices
- Production and characterisation of graphene oxide reinforced aluminium matrix composites, PhD project.
- Modelling and Simulation of CNT/Al composites for analysis of geometrical characterization for enhancement of mechanical properties, PhD project.
- EPSRC (UKRI)
- EC (Horizon 2020)
- Industrial sponsors